General Grant- Postcard to Wife(enlistment blog)

Dear Julia,
My beautiful wife, I miss you so much. I just want to be right beside you and our four gorgeous children. It's so hard to live without you, this Civil war is a disaster. Way more different than the Mexican-American war. But in my honesty I enjoy this more than being a farmer and a clerk. I am truly fighting for my country and for this disgusting and horrifying Slavery. We are using artillery and the calvaries. But sadly so many casualties have been lost, and so many young kids are dead. This is not how it’s supposed to go down! I promise you honey, and everyone of the Union, this war will be in favor for the USA! Tell my family that I love them, please tell Jesse to try and understand the situation and that we are fighting for our freedom(The Union),I love you. We will succeed the Confederacy!


Love,

Ulysses Simpson Grant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

General Grant- Editorial on Slavery(1861 Slavery)

General Grant- Blog #4

General Grant(AKA Uriel)-Blog #3