General Grant- Blog #4

Dear Julia,
To the love of my life, this battle of Vicksburg has been so difficult for me. It’s been nine months, the horrors i’ve seen for these civilians to survive is horrible. I don’t know how longer this may keep up. Lut. Gen. John Pemberton with the Confederates will more than definitely be surrendering very soon. There is no more rations, especially the SALT PORK! That’s way better than eating cold stew all day. I’ve seen some of my colleges eat rats. This battle isn’t a war, it’s survival for your life. But Julia, all of these reasons explain how much I miss you and how much I need you. Not to sound desperate or anything, but i really miss your homemade apple pie that your Grandma taught you to use. GOD! I just want some of that soft and crunchy crust with some cinnamon and sweet apples in the middle! I NEED YOU JULIA! Tell the kids I said hey.
LOVE,
Uriel Moctezuma
Ingridients-
  • 1     Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box
  • 2     Apples, cored, finely chopped (about 1/4-inch pieces)
  • 2     Tablespoons sugar
  • 1     Tablespoon All-purpose flour
  • ½    Teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1     Teaspoon vanilla

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

General Grant- Editorial on Slavery(1861 Slavery)

General Grant(AKA Uriel)-Blog #3